Friday, May 21, 2010

I told you it was a big ol' whirlwind didn't I?


Photo By Derek Jackson at "all about Vag" show
"You come to a point in your life when you really
don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think
about yourself." -Evel Knievel

Well I wasn't lying, true to form things have gone all Topsy-turvy in Talloolah Land! but that's the way the tassel twirls darlin' some times you gotta pick up yer bootstraps and shake it up!

So if you're behind on the times, I made a press release the other day about my separation from Syrens:
http://www.facebook.com/talloolah?v=app_2347471856

I am excited about the possibilities on the horizon I hope you all are too! I loved doing Syrens, but it was time.

I also had the privilege to work with Pinup girl Cosmetics for a photo shoot. I am SOOO excited to get to show you all the results! I got a small taste through the viewfinder and I am thinking: HOT HOT HOT!!!

You should check out Pinup's latest and greatest photos and summer saving's sale. What better way to start a great summer than sexy summer photos?!?

http://www.pinupgirlcos.com/jump.html

This next month I look forward to going to Vegas for the Miss Exotic World, Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekend! Miss Renea' Le Roux, and my good friend, Miss Kisa von Teesa will be competing for their respective categories and I just can't wait to tell you all about the nitty gritty of the fine and glittery burlesque supa' stars!!!



The next plans I have are for the fantastical Americana Burlesque and Sideshow Festival (ABS Fest). This fabulous gala is run by one of the coolest people I know, Ms. Onca O'Leary. I am hoping a good number of people come out to see this show, it's going to be FAN TASTIC, Asheville is after all, the Paris of the South, the weekend is fraught with divine decadence and reckless abandon as it starts with serenades on a big purple bus that bustles through town as deep swigs of booze and fraternizing action of the performers and crew tumbles all through the streets! And that's just opening night!!! The shows are always amazing, the afterparties are fabulous, and all the while the entire event (that is really burlesque AND sideshow) smacks of not only incredible entertainment, but real workshops you can sink your teeth in to and really learn about the culture, the background the work that goes in to all of the thing burlesque requires. The special featured performer is none other than the enchanting Michelle L'amour



Ms. L'amour is one of the very first professional burlesque performers I ever actively did research on. She won the crown the year I really started to look in to traveling and fell in love with her instantly, I mean, who doesn't love the idea of Snow White gone bad bad bad?!?!

And the new thing this year is the Tiki Brunch at Asheville's Tiki Bar with a conga line run by the one and only Blastoff Folks who, I hear are performing through out the weekend guys!!! :) You know I love me some Blastoff! Tell me this doesn't sound like a real party!
To find out more information about the ABS Festival, go here!

http://tinyurl.com/3yjbb5m

or if you are not in to that book of faces
http://www.absfest.hardestworkingwomaninshowbusiness.com/

2 comments:

Moggy said...

Yow! That picture of you is HAWT!

~Eve

Talloolah Love said...

Thank you my friend :)

Atlanta Burlesque & Cabaret Club's Fan Box

Atlanta Burlesque & Cabaret Club on Facebook