Monday, August 23, 2010

WHEW!!!

Long time no chat my little chick-a-dees! So sorry for my absence but for those of you who know the ins and outs of The Sweetest "T" in the South, you'd know things have been... shall we say hectic since taking it all in a new direction? So for my absence I apologize, but for what I have been working on? I shall not, for as my good friends in NOLA say, "Art does not apologize!".

So let's give an update shall we? Where to begin? I have my new website updated if you will peruse, I am sure you will agree, it is about darned time!!! Go to www.talloolah.com you will see my latest shoots and can keep up with future shows and of course, my day to day activities are always available on twitter and facebook! :)

Last week, I went to see The Dames A'flame with The King Sized Orchestra. Big Mike is looking quite svelte and trim these days, and sounding even more stellar than ever! The Elvis show is always a blast, though I was sad not to see my darling El Vez. This will be the first year in three that I have gone an entire year with no dose of El Vez... I might just go in to shock!

This weekend was ... to put it lightly, insane. I had a lovely weekend filled with burlesque and hot steampunk action, and more hot. Friday night, I spent a lovely evening hosting the beautiful dancer Mrs. Christy Smith and her lovely husband Doug, Saturday, the good Dr. Q and I tended to the lab to prepare it for a great experiment, which we will get in to later.

Saturday evening the beautiful Kisa Von Teasa, Mr. Von Teasa, Queenie, and Onca O'Leary all decended upon Casa de V after a stellar show put on by Syrens of the South Productions at the Eyedrum. What a lineup, what a show!!! I was so impressed and proud of all of the people on the stage who have been working so hard to put together such a fun and beautiful show. Katherine Lashe really pulled no punches on gathering some of the South's finest together, and though I heard there were 17 acts, like most shows that are just too good for words, it went by in a flash. We had a great time at the after party. Talk about a fantastic host and hostess! Thanks Christy & Doug!!! Nothing like ending a stressful, insane day with some hot tub action and good people. But it wasn't too long before the hay had to be hit and we all needed to rest for the next day's early morning action!

Sunday, we all hit the ground running. Onca left in hot purple shorts to go practice with the amazing ladies of Awalim, while Kisa, Queenie, Dr. Q, and I got the house ready for the largest photo shoot I have ever coordinated! Some twenty local steampunk cosplayers descended upon the house in force. Tesla guns, top hats cocked, and goggles at the ready, the models were positively divine in far more decadence than I could have ever dreamed of! Thanks to Queenie, and Megan Maude, the sets were divine, thanks to all the models, and Dr. Q, and Mr. Appleblossom, everyone stayed fed and hydrated. Though it was chaotic, the shoot worked out like well, clockwork, and though i won't tell you the details, you will have to wait for the release... I think this will be one of the best shoots I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of!!!

Appleblossom, and Matt of DimHorizon Studios worked tirelessly throughout the day snapping shots, and directing the artists... We all sat still for about twenty minutes to eat lunch, then we ventured to the Pirate Ship Venus for a time with Captain Bill and his good wife Cat. It was a great day of socializing, perusing and posing for all!

Here it is Monday, the lab is starting to come back together slowly but surely, and we hope to show off the fruits of our labor soon! Nine days from Dragon Con, we are all just exhausted and hoping to breathe for a moment soon before getting back in to fifth gear! I have two costumes in the works, and will be working on a video project and big prop here soon for the next Blast-off Burlesque show.

No comments:

Atlanta Burlesque & Cabaret Club's Fan Box

Atlanta Burlesque & Cabaret Club on Facebook